As an ASPIRE mentor, you will play a unique role in the life of a student as you help guide and assist them in pursuing education and training beyond high school.
Why should I mentor a student?
- Create an interest in education and training beyond high school
- Improve classroom attendance
- Increase scholastic ability and performance
- Give students hope for their future
What makes a good mentor?
- Being enthusiastic
- Having an interest in working with youth
- Being reliable and consistent
- Following program policies and procedures
How do I become a mentor?
- Find an ASPIRE site near you and contact the ASPIRE coordinator
- Application Process
- Criminal background check cleared with the ASPIRE site
- Orientation and Training